Next generation rendering technology
Flamingo nXt was released on 31-March-2012. This third major Flamingo release is based on completely new technology. Designed to provide the highest possible quality images with the minimal rendering technology expertise.
Flamingo nXt is also designed to minimize the time and effort required to set up a model for rendering.
Present your Rhino models in their best light
Flamingo nXt was developed for designers. You don't need to be a CG professional to quickly present your Rhino model in the best light.
Flamingo nXt allows you to easily create stunning, life-like images from your 3D models. Flamingo nXt provides a high quality in-Rhino visualization solution.
Easy to Use
With nXt you don't need to be a professional renderer to get realistic results quickly. You provide materials and lighting and press the Render button. nXt provides the simulation. Unlike many rendering products, there are very few settings to worry about or understand.
nXt produces realistic results by simulating light transport in your model. Indirect lighting as well as complex reflection and refraction can be easily incorporated into the simulation. Interior and exterior daylight simulations, HDR image-based lighting, and many other techniques are all handled easily, with minimal configuration requirements.
nXt uses efficient, modern ray-casting technology to produce results as quickly as possible. All processor cores are automatically utilized in parallel. Images are continually refined and improved over time.
Loaded with Extras
- Image Editor with support for multiple lighting channels.
- 3D Plant Editor.
- Render Farm support.
- Content libraries (plants, materials, HDRi).
- Pre-textured mesh support.
- Support for 3rd party texture sets.
NXT is completely new render engine. Our goal is high quality renderings of you designs that are very easy to create.
RenderFarm (Network Rendering)
- Rhino 4.0 sr8 or above
- Rhino 5.0 (Beta) both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows XP 32-Bit or 64-Bit
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
* Flamingo will run as a 32-bit process when running in Rhino 4.0 for on any operating system (this limits Flamingo to 2GB of memory). To take full advantage of 64-bit operating systems, Rhino 5.0 64-bit is required.
- 1 GB RAM or more is recommended.
- Hardware requirements match Rhinos's hardware requirements.
- Multiple CPU cores will accelerate renderings are recommended.
- Video card speed does not affect Flamingo NXT.
- Virtualization systems such as VMWare and Parallels are supported. Running Macintosch hardware with Bootcamp and one of the Operating systems above is supported.